The world is in constant motion - people and goods are moving ever-longer distances. Neste's cleaner traffic fuel solutions are designed to help everyone enjoy being on the move, while reducing their environmental impact. We produce a comprehensive range of petroleum products and are the world's leading supplier of renewable diesel. We also have an extensive network of service stations around the Baltic Rim. We employ around 5,000 people in 15 countries, and are constantly researching and developing new, even cleaner solutions for today's traffic and transport, and even more importantly for tomorrow's . The only way is forward.
At Neste, you will have the chance to solve major challenges and work with other top talent. We also offer an extensive range of career development opportunities across our increasingly international operations. And since there is more to life than work, we want you to enjoy your leisure time as well.
We are looking for people at the top of their field, people who really want to achieve something. People who are bold, hungry to learn more, and open to new ideas. And are self-confident and smart, as well as flexible and good team players.
We are now looking for a
Customs Manager to challenging customs and trade compliance tasks to our Tax and Customs Management team. The position is located at Neste headquarters in Espoo.
We offer an interesting field of international business environment where expertized customs compliance plays an important role as part of our risk management. You will get specialized support and network from our tax team, especially from our indirect tax experts. You will work in close cooperation with our Senior Customs Manager and the Forwarding team.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Management of daily customs duty and trade compliance matters
- Having sound customs related working knowledge and skills, including areas of tariff classification, origin/free trade agreements and customs valuation
- Management of customs licenses, special procedures and compliance programs (e.g. AEO)
- Identifying process improvements, including the design and implementation of new practices
- Managing customs audits, including negotiation and settling of tax disputes/claims
- Developing sound working relationships with key departments within Neste, e.g. Logistics, Sales and Operations, Supply Chain Management and Finance
Furthermore, your responsibilities will include staying up to date with all customs related developments in legislation, case law and local practice.
We expect you to have:
- A recognized Master’s or BBA degree in relation to business management/law or other customs & trade relevant degree
- At least 3-5 years of experience in international customs & trade compliance. Especially experience from Customs authority, Big-4 firm or from industry is appreciated
- Excellent communication and negotiations skills
- Outstanding conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills
- Project management skills
- Fluency in Finnish and English
- Good understanding of main business processes and strategic issues
- Experience on dealings with Customs Authorities
- Earlier experience on SAP system is seen as an advantage
As a successful candidate, you have an ability to prioritize under pressure and within timeline constraints. Further, you are capable of both teamwork and working independently.
The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including drug test.
Security clearance is obtained for the employee with his/her consent.
For further information about the position, please contact Taru Taajamaa, Head of Corporate Tax, +358 50 458 4774, firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information and more detailed instructions for applying can be found from our website
www.neste.com/joinus. Please submit your application by February 20th, 2017.