Senior Design Engineer
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing more than a 125-year history of innovation, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization and driving the Energy and Fourth Industrial Revolutions. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 136,000 employees www.abb.com
We are looking for a Senior Design Engineer at ABB Oy, Drives in Helsinki. You will be responsible for developing control methods for AC motor drives and/or grid-connected converters. As a member of a Scrum team, you will also implement the control methods to the embedded software for high power converters, which are utilized in a wide variety of applications (e.g. marine, metals industry, pulp and paper, power generation, hybrid and electric working machines).
- Developing and implementing control methods for AC motor drives and/or grid-connected converters
- Developing simulation models and simulator environments
- Solving challenging control problems, solving also on the customer's premises
- A team-spirited working environment as well as challenging and varying work assignments in a global environment
- Modern agile software development practices and tools
- The opportunity for personal development in the form of trainings and daily collaboration with other experts
- The possibilities for career development in a global company, for example, as a software architect, scrum master, product owner, or project manager.
- M.Sc. or D.Sc. in control, automation, electrical engineering, or electric power engineering
- An in-depth knowledge of AC motor and/or grid-connected converter control technology
- Knowledge of C and C++
- Knowledge of modern software development tools (e.g. version control)
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Ideally, you have
- Ability to use Simulink or other simulation environments
- Knowledge of Python, GIT, Microsoft TFS, or Visual Studio
- Knowledge and experience of Scrum
- Finnish language skills
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI63759976 by January 28, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle
If you have questions, contact Juha Virtakoivu, tel. +358 50 332 4414.